De Witt City
De Witt City Hall is located at 1641 South Whitehead Drive, De Witt, AR 72042; phone: 870-946-1449.
The name of the city, established in 1861, was determined by a drawing from a hat of 3 different submitted names. Adam McCool, an admirer of New York Governor DeWitt Clinton, submitted the name.
De Witt as described in 1941 
De Witt, second town of Arkansas County, has 3 rice mills and several cotton gins. It is a shipping point for timber and livestock. In the Arkansas County Courthouse (a 3-story, cream-colored brick structure erected in 1932) are found the State's oldest records, inherited by De Witt when the county seat was moved from Arkansas Post in 1855.