DeKalb County Georgia
- HISTORIC SITES
- McDonough-Adams-Kings Highway Historic District
- Avondale Estates
- DeKalb Avenue-Clifton Road Archeological Site
- Druid Hills
- Emory Grove
- Inman Park-Moreland
- Oglethorpe University
- South Candler Street-Agnes Scott College
- Stone Mountain
- University Park-Emory Highlands-Emory Estates/li>
- Winnona Park
Photo: Donaldson-Bannister House, ca. 1870, 4831 Chamblee-Dunwoody Road, Dunwood, GA. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2009. Photograph by Dawn DeLucia, 2012, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed September, 2014.
DeKalb County administrative offices are located at 330 West Ponce De Leon Avenue, Decatur, GA 30030; phone: 404-371-2881.
DeKalb County was created in 1822 from parts of Fayette, Gwinnett and Henry Counties. It was named for Baron Johan de Kalb [1721-1790]. He came to America in 1777 with the Marquis de Lafayette and joined the Continental Army. Baron (and General) de Kalb was quartered at Valley Forge during the winter of 1777-1778.
Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2018 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com
• 215-295-6555 • 1420