Lexington City Hall is located at 223 West Main Street, Lexington, GA 30648; phone: 706-743-3322.
Lexington was incorporated in 1806. It was named for Lexington, Massachusetts where the first Revolutionary War battle took place. This tiny county seat of Oglethorpe County is only 1/2 square mile in size with a population that ranges between 200 and 300 persons. Lexington is home to the Joseph Lumpkin House, ca. 1790. Lumpkin was the first to serve as chief justice of the Georgia Supreme Court. The Lexington Historic District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977.