- Cobblestone Estates
- Fairway View Estates
- Hejliks Subdivision
- Tompkins Parkview
Garner City Hall is located at 135 West 5th Street, Garner, IA 50438; phone: 641-923-2588.
Beginnings [1, 2]
Garner was platted in 1870 in conjunction with the building of the Chicago, Milwaukee and St. Paul Railway. The town was named for Colonel W. W. Garner, a civil engineer on the Rock Island Railroad. Garner was incorporated in 1891. The county seat was transferred from Concord, about a mile distant, when the railroad was built through Garner, bypassing Concord.
- Federal Writers' Project of the Works Progress Administration for the State of Iowa, IOWA: A Guide to the Hawkeye State, American Guide Series, The Viking Press, New York, 1938.
- Garner History and Culture, www.garneriowa.org, accessed May, 2014.
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2018 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com
• 28928 • Privacy