Orleans Parish Louisiana
The boundaries of Orleans Parish are identical to the incorporated city limits of New Orleans. Orleans Parish Courthouse and New Orleans City Hall are located at 1300 Perdido Street, New Orleans, LA 70112; phone: courthouse, 504-658-1085; city hall, 504-648-4000.
New Orleans was founded in 1718 by Jean Baptiste LeMoyne (sieur de Bienville) who named it in honor of France's Philippe II (duc d' Orleans). In 1763 it came under Spanish rule, and returned to the French in 1801, being then sold 2-years later by Napoleon to the United States — part of the Louisiana Purchase.
See New Orleans.