Dodge County Minnesota
The Dodge County Courthouse is located at 22 6th Street East, Mantorville, MN 55955; phone: 507-635-6260.
Dodge County was organized for local government in 1855. Peter Mantor, one of the early founders of Mantorville, took a census of the county in the summer of 1855, discovered more than fifty voters among the inhabitants of the county who then numbered about 100 persons, journeyed to St. Paul and petitioned Governor Gorman to appoint county officials and institute county organization. The governor confirmed the following men to serve as county officers: Peter Mantor, Notary Public; James M. Sumner, George W. Slocum and William Durand as county commissioners; J.B. Hubbell as sheriff; J.H. Shober as Register of Deeds; J.R. Dart as treasurer; Samuel Burwell as district attorney; William Chadwell as county surveyor; J.E. Bancroft as assessor; and G.P. Bancroft, R. Herzog, Alonzo Way as justices. Constables were S.G. Irish, E. Watrous and O.B. Kidder.