Lenoir City Hall is located at 801 West Avenue NW, Lenoir, NC 28645; phone: 828-757-2200.
Settled ca. 1765 by a family named Tucker, the community was first known as "Tucker's Barn." When Caldwell County was created in 1841, Tucker's Barn (Lenoir) was designated as the county seat.
Lenoir as described in 1939 
Lenoir is a furniture-manufacturing town, and its proximity to several mountain resorts attracts many visitors. On the outskirts are lumber mills and yards. The town, named for General William Lenoir, is the seat of Caldwell County. Here is the ranger station for the Grandfather Division of Pisgah National Forest.
The Lenoir High School Band Building, West Harper Avenue, is a three story brick structure for the exclusive use of this band. The organization owns a truck for the transportation of its instruments and a bus for members. The group has made broadcasts, phonograph records, and has appeared in motion pictures.