Troy Town Hall is located at 315 North Main Street, Troy, NC 27351; phone: 910-572-3661.
Troy as Described in 1939 
Troy is a town of unusually broad streets and wide lawns where most business is transacted on Saturday by farmers and traders who also swap yarns in the stores. A rayon and rug factory are operated. After the present Montgomery County Courthouse had been erected in 1921 business failed to follow it up the hill where the three-story, cream-colored brick building with porticoed entrance stands in lonely grandeur.
In 1844 Troy became the seat of Montgomery County, formed from Anson in 1779 because it was "grievous and troublesome" to go so great a distance to court. The county was named for Brigadier General Richard Montgomery, who captured the first British regimental colors taken in the Revolution and fell at the siege of Quebec in 1775.