Lumberton City Hall is located at 500 North Cedar Street, Lumberton, NC 28358; phone: 910-671-3800.
Founded in 1787 as the county seat of Robeson County, Lumberton was incorporated in 1859. The town was named by Brigadier General Joseph Willis on land from his Red Bluff Plantation which he donated for creation of the county seat.
The Lumber River flows through Lumberton. The river was designated a National Wild and Scenic River.