- Sandersville City
- Davisboro City
- Deepstep Town
- Harrison Town
- Oconee City
- Riddleville Town
- Tennille City
- HISTORIC SITES
- Charles Madden House
- Church-Smith-Harris Street Historic District
- Forest Grove
- Francis Plantation
- James E. Johnson House
- James Kelley House
- North Harris Street Historic District
- Sandersville Commercial and Industrial District
- Thomas W. Smith House
- Warthen Historic District
- Washington County Courthouse
Photo: Thomas W. Smith House, ca. 1900, 306 North Main Street, Tenille, GA. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994. Photographed by user:Blastoids (own work), 2014, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed October, 2015.
The Washington County Courthouse is located at 132 West Haynes Street, Sandersville, GA 31082; phone: 478-552-3186.
Washington County , the 10th county formed in Georgia, was created in 1783. One of Georgia's original counties, it was the first in the nation to be named for President George Washington. Its first settlers were Revolutionary War veterans, who were given land grants for their service to the country.
Washington County is the "Kaolin Capital of the World." One of Georgia's most important minerals, kaolin is a white, alumina-silicate clay used in hundreds of products ranging from paper to cosmetics to the nose cones of rockets.
- Central Savannah River Area Regional Development Center, Washington County Joint Comprehensive Plan 2005-2025, 2007, www.dca.ga.gov, accessed October, 2015.