Lisbon Town

New London County, Connecticut

Home | Whats New | Site Index | Contact

Lisbon Town Clerk is located at 1 Newent Road, Jewett City, CT 06351.
Phone: 860‑376‑2708.

Beginnings [1]

Originally part of Norwich, the area that became Lisbon was probably settled toward the end of the 18th century. A parish of Newent was organized in 1718. The town was incorporated in 1786 and named from Lisbon, Portugal.

  1. Edgar L. Heermance, compiler, The Connecticut Guide: What to See and Where to Find It, Connecticut Emergency Relief Commission, Hartford, 1935.

Home | Whats New | Site Index | Contact
Privacy | Disclaimer

Copyright © 1997-2024, The Gombach Group