Preston Town

New London County, Connecticut

Home | Whats New | Site Index | Contact | Search

Preston Town Hall is located at 389 Norwich‑Westerly Road (Route 2), Preston, CT 06365: phone: 860‑887‑5581.

Neighborhoods

Beginnings [1]

Preston was first settled in 1648. The Town of Preston was incorporated in 1687. The name was taken from Preston in the English Lancashire. Much of the town was occupied by Indians until a fairly late period.

  1. Edgar L. Heermance, compiler, The Connecticut Guide: What to See and Where to Find It, Connecticut Emergency Relief Commission, Hartford, 1935.

Home | Whats New | Site Index | Contact
Privacy | Disclaimer

Copyright © 1997-2024, The Gombach Group