Photo: Governor William T. Watson Mansion, ca. 1906, 600 North Walnut Street, Milford, DE. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. Photographed by user: Smallbones (own work), 2013, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed October, 2014.
The Kent County Administrative Complex is located at 555 Bay Road, Dover DE 19901; phone: 302‑744‑2300.
Kent County was created in 1683 to succeed the English settlement which was begun ca. 1670 along the St. Jones River. William Penn established Dover to serve as a county seat, modeling a plan of broad avenues and parks, similar to his plan for Philadelphia.