Griffin City Hall is located at 100 South Hill Street, Griffin, GA 30223.
Griffin is named for General Lewis Lawrence Griffin, the first president of the Monroe Railroad. Griffin was incorporated on December 24, 1843 when the City was within Pike County. The City is referred to as "The Iris City" because the Flint River Iris Society promotes and grows irises, with an iris show in spring and holds an iris sale in late summer. Through its long history, Griffin has retained much of its historic charm. An inviting city streetscape and successful redevelopment efforts have created a downtown that is welcoming to pedestrians.