Hardinsburg City Hall is located at 220 South Main Street, Hardinsburg, KY 40143.
Hardinsburg as described in 1939 
Hardinsburg, the seat of Breckinridge County, came into existence in 1780 as a fort built by Captain William Hardin, soldier and frontiersman, who was known to the Indians as "Big Bill." In recent years the town has become the headquarters of four firms that contract with women for the manufacture of robes, quilts, comforters, novelties, and other objects decorated with fine needlework. This is largely a cottage industry resembling that of the pre-factory days in England. Though the returns from the work are low and the women are not paid for the time spent carrying their work to and from the office or waiting for inspection of their handicraft, there is no difficulty in finding workers on the surrounding farms where cash incomes are low. The beautiful articles retail at very high prices.