Mason County, Michigan

Home | Whats New | Site Index | Contact

The Mason County clerk is located at 304 E. Ludington Avenue, Ludington, Michigan 49431; phone: 231-843-8202.


 East Ludington Street Historic District

Photo: Warren A. and Catherine (Dempsey) Cartier House, circa 1903-1905, located at 409 East Ludington Avenue, Ludington in the East Ludington Avenye Historic District, listed on the National Register in 2022. Photographer: Sue Jones, 2014, in the National Register nomination document, accessed September, 2022.


TOWNS

The area known originally as "Notipekago" or "Not-a-pe-ka-gon," was renamed Mason [†] in 1843 for Michigan's young governor, Stephens T. Mason. It was formally organized in 1855 by PA 171. "Air Conditioned by Nature," the area is home to Lake Michigan shoreline, car ferries, beautiful state parks, and renowned fishing opportunities.

† Library of Michigan, www.michigan.gov, accessed September, 2022.

HISTORIC SITES


Home | Whats New | Site Index | Contact
Privacy | Disclaimer

Copyright © 1997-2024, The Gombach Group