Chardon City Hall is located at 111 Water Street, Chardon, OH 44024.
The Village of Chardon was incorporated in 1851, having separated from Chardon Township.
Chardon as described in 1940 
Chardon is the seat of Geauga County, the maple syrup and sugar center of Ohio. The town, named for Peter Chardon Brooks, first owner of the site, lies on the crest of a hill, and is surrounded by maple groves extending for miles in all directions. Chardon has always concerned itself with "the first crop of the year." During February and March, while the sap is running, thousands of galvanized pails hang from the trunks of the maples. The dripping liquid is gathered in tanks and mounted on wagons or sleds and hauled off to the sugar camps, where, through the day and night, the sap is boiled in multiple vats and rendered into syrup or, with further boiling, maple sugar. Pailed and crated, the syrup and sugar are brought to Chardon and shipped to every State in the country.
Annually, during the latter part of March or the first week in April, Chardon stages the Geauga County Maple Festival. Thousands of visitors come to watch the modern and old-fashioned methods of rendering sap, and to taste syrup and sugar fresh from the vats.