Sherman City Hall is located at 220 West Mulberry Street, Sherman, TX 75090.
Sherman was named the seat of Grayson County in 1846. It was named for General Sidney Sherman [1805-1873]. By 1850 Sherman had 400 residents, two saloons, a district clerk's office, a doctor's office and a church. The town was incorporated some time before 1860. Following the Civil War, Sherman's population grew to 6,000 during the 1870s. New industries included a cottonseed mill and a steam-powered cracker factory. The Houston and Texas Central railroad was extended to Sherman in 1872. Business continued to grow and in the 1880s was home to 5 flour mills, an iron works and 3 newspapers. The 1990 census shows the population had grown to more than 10,000 and more rail lines extended their tracks to Sherman. [Texas State Historical Association, Sherman, TX, 222.tshaonline.org, accessed July, 2013.]