Boerne City Hall is located at 402 East Blanco Road, Boerne, TX 78006.
The area that would become the City of Boerne was settled by German colonists about 1849. Originally known as Tusculum. The name was changed to honor German poet Ludwig Borne when the town was platted in 1852 by John James and Gustav Theissen. August Staffell served as the first postmaster when the post office was established in 1856. When Kendall County was created in 1862 Boerne was chosen as county seat by a narrow-margin vote. [www.ci.boerne.tx.us, accessed March, 2015]