Photo: Charlotte County Courthouse, Charlotte Courthouse, VA. It is based on plans supplied by Thomas Jefferson, used as a basis for numerous Roman Revival court buildings erected in Virginia in the 1830s and 1840s. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. Photographed by User:Commander Shepard247 (own work), 2014, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed May, 2015.
Charlotte Court House town offices are located at 350 George Washington Highway, Charlotte Courthouse, VA 23923.
The 1823 courthouse is the only one that is still standing that was known to have been designed by Thomas Jefferson. The tiny town barely numbers 150 households.