Oneonta City Hall is located at 202 3rd Avenue East, Oneonta, AL 35121.
Oneonta as described in 1921 
Oneonta was incorporated in 1891. The community was first settled by A. J. Ingram, R. A. and George Bynum, and Howell Patterson. It is situated near one of the highest mountain peaks in of the county, and on the historic old Murphrees Valley Road, down which Generals Coffee and Jackson marched their Indian fighters, many of whom returned afterward to settle here. Among them were Gabriel and John Hanby, ironworkers. John Hanby is credited with having discovered the iron ore near Oneonta. Important industries are a cottonseed oil mill, a heading mill, an ice plant, a cotton ginnery, a saw mill, a planing mill, a cotton warehouse and the iron ore mines.