Warning: include(/Library/kw/livingplaces.com/menu.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Library/WebServer/livingplaces.com/CT/Fairfield_County/Westport_Town.html on line 34
Warning: include(): Failed opening '/Library/kw/livingplaces.com/menu.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /Library/WebServer/livingplaces.com/CT/Fairfield_County/Westport_Town.html on line 34
Westport Town Hall is located at 110 Myrtle Avenue, Westport, CT 06880.
- Compo-Owenoke Historic District
- Kings Highway North Historic District
- National Hall Historic District
- Bluewater Hill
- Charcoal Hill
- Compo Commons
- East Bank
- Edge Hill
- Evergreen Avenue Historic District
- Frost Point
- Gorham Avenue Historic District
- Greens Farms
- Jessup Road Historic District
- Long Lots
- Mill Cove
- Morningside Drive South Historic District
- Old Hill
- Poplar Plains
- Saugatuck Shores
- Sherwood Farms
- Violet Lane Historic District
- West Bank
- Westport Center
The first settlement at Westport was in 1648 at a place called Bankside (later known as Greens Farms). The first settlers were Thomas Newton, Daniel Frost, Henry Gray, John Green, and Francis Andrews. During the Revolutionary Way, a lot of fighting took place here, resulting from General Tryon's raid on Danbury. Westport was incorporated in 1835.
- Edgar L. Heermance, compiler, The Connecticut Guide: What to See and Where to Find It, Connecticut Emergency Relief Commission, Hartford, 1935.
- D. Hamilton Hurd, History of Fairfield County, Connecticut, J. W. Lewis & Co., Philadelphia, 1881.
Warning: include(/Library/kw/livingplaces.com/footer.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /Library/WebServer/livingplaces.com/CT/Fairfield_County/Westport_Town.html on line 105
Warning: include(): Failed opening '/Library/kw/livingplaces.com/footer.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /Library/WebServer/livingplaces.com/CT/Fairfield_County/Westport_Town.html on line 105