Litchfield Borough Hall is located at 174 West Street, Litchfield CT 06759.
Phone: 860‑567‑8866. Litchfield Borough was incorporated in 1818 as a village and was rechartered in 1870 as a borough.
The Borough of Litchfield, one of the most attractive villages in Connecticut, was the outpost and trading center for the northwestern frontier, and for many years the county seat of Litchfield County. Wealth accumulated, and by the end of the 18th century Litchfield had become one of the main seats of culture in the State. There were several iron foundries here, one of them specializing in ship anchors and chains.
Nearby Towns: Bantam Boro • Litchfield Town • Morris Town •