Red Oak City Hall is located at 601 North 6th Street, Red Oak, IA 51566.
Red Oak as described in 1938 
Red Oak, in the valley of the East Nishnabotna River, was so named because of the many red oak trees growing on the banks of a small creek nearby. It was founded by Alfred Hebard, and was known as Red Oak Junction until 1901. Hebard's home is still standing.
The old frame Mill, built in 1873 on the Nishnabotna, is run by water power aided by an oil engine.
The Murphy Calendar Factory manufactures many of the calendars used in Iowa and a large number of those distributed throughout the United States; the company also manufactures Chinese calendars with Chinese characters and a number of advertising specialties.