Driggs City Hall is located at 60 South Main Street, Driggs, ID 83422.
"Before the town of Driggs was organized or there was any post office in the valley and the frequent changes being made, the people were at a loss to know where to designate their address. The nearest post office to the valley at this time was in a little log cabin on Moody Creek, but the nearest town post office was in Rexburg."
"B. W. Driggs came up early in the Spring of 1891, and seeing the difficulty, he at once drew up a petition to the postal department at Washington asking for a post office to be established where the settlers were located in the vicinity of what later became Driggs. At that time, there were his brothers, Don C., Parley S., Leland M., and a cousin, A. P. Driggs, residing here with their wives. All of these, and some other residents here signed the petition. The department, seeing so many by the name of Driggs on the petition, named the post office Driggs, established the office and route, and appointed D. C. Driggs postmaster. About this time a post office was also established at Fox. The settlers selected the Driggs townsite when they first came here; the land was entered as a desert entry by Henry Wallace and when he obtained title, he platted it, and on December 21, 1909, dedicated it as the townsite of Driggs."
The original platting of the Driggs townsite was in a grid pattern of blocks containing a little over four acres surrounded by streets 82.5 feet in width. The city is centrally located in Teton Valley (at 6200 feet) on the main corridor system of roads that extend north and sound, and east and west from Main Street and Little Avenue in the center of the city. Driggs has ample growth possibilities and opportunities to control its future in harmony with the life style and atmosphere that have endeared the city to its residents since before the turn of the century. Early settlers established many of the planning principles that can be built upon and enjoyed into the future.