Photo: Stow-Hasbrouch House, ca. 1850, 17051 16 Mile Road, Marshall, MI. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1993. Photographed by User:rossograph (own work), 2014, [cc-by-4.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/deed.en)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed December, 2015.
Calhoun County administrative offices are located at 315 West Green Street, Marshall, MI 49086; phone: 269-781-0966.
The county boundaries were established in 1829; it was named for John C. Calhoun [1782-1850], a South Carolina Congressman, Senator, U.S. Secretary of War, U.S. Secretary of State, and U.S. Vice President under John Quincy Adams and Andrew Jackson.