Photo: Noah P. Ward House, ca. 1903, 422 7th Avenue West, Alexandria, MN. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1985. Photographed by user:McGhiever (own work), 2013, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed July, 2016.
The Douglas County Court House is located at 305 8th Avenue West, Alexandria, MN 56308; phone: 320‑762‑3033.
Douglas County was established in 1866 and named for U.S. Senator Stephen A. Douglas.