Photo: Oliver P. and Sarah Chubb House, ca. 1867, 209 Lake Avenue, Fairmont, MN. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1995. Photographed by User::Jonathunder (own work), 2011, [commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:GNU_Free_Documentation_License,_version_1.2], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed May, 2016.
The Martin County Courthouse offices are located at 201 Lake Avenue, Fairmont, MN 56031; phone: 507‑238‑3205.
Created in 1857, Martin County was probably named for Henry Martin of Wallingford, CT who purchased about 2,000 acres in the area in 1856 on behalf of himself and a number of associates.