Nashville Town Hall is located at 499 South Barnes Street, Nashville, NC 27856.
Nash County was created in 1777 and its first courthouse was completed in 1778 at a location known then as Nash Court House by Peach Tree Creek. Within a couple of years the town began being referred to as Nashville. A post office was established here in 1805. Nashville was the first town to be incorporated (1815) in Nash County. Nashville is the oldest of more than a dozen locations across the U.S. that share the name. [The Original Town of Nashville, www.townofnashville.com, accessed March, 2012.]