Brigantine City, Atlantic County, New Jersey (NJ) 08203

Brigantine City

Atlantic County, New Jersey

Home | Contact | Site Index | Whats New | Search

Brigantine Beach City Hall is located at 1416 West Brigantine Avenue, Brigantine NJ 08203.
Phone: 609‑266‑7600.

Neighborhoods

  • Bayview
  • Beacon Beach
  • Brigantine Bay
  • Harbourview Village
  • Kings Cove
  • Ocean Harbour
  • Sea Point
  • South End
  • Spartan Harbor

First incorporated as Brigantine Beach Borough in 1890, it was re-incorporated as the "City of Brigantine City" in 1897.

Legend has it that Captain Kidd buried treasure here late in the 17th century. Like many seaside towns, development as a resort town surged in the 1880s when railroads connected the island to the mainland. Today, for many purposes, Brigantine is considered a suburb of Atlantic City.

The City of Brigantine [1] is a southern New Jersey shore resort community, consisting of 10.36 square miles in total, of which 6.40 square miles (61.7%) is land area and the remaining 3.96 square miles (38.3%) is water. Brigantine consists of a group of islands along the Atlantic Ocean, situated just north of Atlantic City and east of Galloway Township in Atlantic County.

The most unique characteristic of the City is its approximately 3.4 mile long sand beach, which extends on the northern portion of the coast with the Forsythe Refuge. The City is laid out in a series of neighborhoods with a curvilineal circulation system in some sections and numbered blocks on the north-south gradient, incorporating public parks and open spaces throughout. Public infrastructures, including both wafer and sewer systems, are well integrated into the system.

2016 Master Plan Re-examination Report, PDF, 2017, www.brigantinebeach.org, accessed July, 2021.

Nearby Towns: Galloway Twp • Ventnor City •


Home | Contact | Site Index | Whats New | Search

Privacy | Disclaimer | © 1997-2024, The Gombach Group