Photo: Homes on Center Street (1894 and 1921), Center Street Historic District, Ashland, OH. The Historic District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. Photographed by User:Nyttend (own work), 2013 [cc0-by-1.0 (creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed June, 2015.
Ashland City Hall is located at 206 Claremont Avenue, Ashland, OH 44805.
The City of Ashland is the County's only city and the county seat. The City of Ashland was founded in 1815 by William Montgomery, who laid out 41 lots and called this new community Uniontown after the Pennsylvania town from which he came. Because of a conflict in 1822 with the post office and another Uniontown located in Stark County, the name was changed to Ashland, in honor of Henry Clay's country place in Kentucky.