Bedford Borough municipal offices are located at 224 West Penn Street, Bedford PA 15222.
The borough is the seat of government for Bedford County.
Bedford has four resources listing on the National Register of Historic Places – the Bedford Historic District, as well as three district homes which are separately listed. The Barclay House (230 Juliana Street; ca. 1899); John Jacob Barclay (Union Lieutenant, Civil War veteran) retired from law practice in 1889 and move into his new mansion which cost $13,000. The Espy House (a National Historic Landmark, ca. 1770; 123 Pitt Street) is notable as the place President George Washington stayed when accompanying the militia sent to put down the Whiskey Rebellion in October, 1794. David Espy was the owner of the house when Washington stayed there. The Russell House (ca. 1815, 203 South Juliana Street) was designed and built by Solomon Filler for James M. Russell, a local attorney and important member of early Bedford Borough. As Russell's family grew to include 8 children, the house was expanded (ca. 1840) with a 3-story rear ell; a 2-story frame structure was added ca. 1920.