Township municipal offices are located at 2689 Main Street, Birdsboro PA 19508.
Andrew Robeson, a Swede was one of the first settlers of Robeson Township. He owned a significant amount of land along both sides of the Schuylkill River. Along with the Swedes, the area was also settled by Quakers and Germans. In 1729, Robeson Township was officially organized and named after Andrew Robeson. Most of the early settlements were located in close proximity to the Schuylkill River, Allegheny Creek, Hay Creek, Seidel Creek, and Indian Corn Creek. The abundance of water provided sufficient power for the operation of mills and furnaces. As industry flourished in the late 1700's and 1800's, the settlements grew into established villages known as Gibraltar (originally known as Seidelville), Geigertown, Beckersville, and Plowville. These villages were desirable based upon the regional transportation system, which evolved from the river to the canal to the railroad to the automobile. As hardwood trees were removed from the valleys to support the furnaces, agricultural operations soon flourished within Robeson. During the 1900's, quarrying operations became a popular industry based upon the geology of the rolling hills in the northern and southern portions of Robeson.
† Southern Berks Joint Comprehensive Plan, 2020, www.robesontownship.com, accessed March, 2023.
Nearby Towns: Birdsboro Boro • Caernarvon Twp • Cumru Twp • Exeter Twp • Kenhorst Boro • Lower Alsace Twp • Mount Penn Boro • New Morgan Boro • Reading City • Saint Lawrence Boro • West Reading Boro •