Boggs Town Hall is located at 1270 Runville Road, Bellefonte PA 16823.
Boggs township was formed by a division of Spring Township in August, 1814. Andrew Boggs was the first settler in the township, near the present village of Milesburg, whence the name of the township. Roland Curtin, Sr., in connection with Moses Boggs, erected the forge at Curtin's Eagle Works as early as 1810. Milesburg iron works were erected as early as 1795 by Colonel Miles, and the iron conveyed by arks down Bald Eagle creek. Among the early prominent settlers of Boggs township were Philip Antes, Richard Malone, Miles', Holt's, Green's and Barnhart's. The first Methodist church in the territory of Centre county was formed at Philip Antes (now Curtin) Works in 1787. Population in 1860, 1652; in 1870, 2135; in 1880, 2098.