Bloomfield Borough Hall, 25 West McClure Street, New Bloomfield, PA 17068.
The site of the present Bloomfield Borough was a farm belonging to Thomas Barnett. He warranted the land in 1785, and in 1804 it passed to a son, George Barnett. Commissioners appointed by the Governor, under an act of March 31, 1823, selected the farm as the site of the county seat. Their selection was approved by the legislature and on April 12, 1823, George Barnett for the consideration of $1, sold to the county commissioners a tract of land comprising eight acres and one hundred and thirty-six perches. Robert Kelly, employed by the commissioners, plotted the town into sixty-four lots. Bloomfield by an act of March 14, 1831, was the first town in Perry County to be incorporated as a borough.