The Bradley County courthouse is located at 155 Ocoee Street, Cleveland, TN 37311; phone: 423-728-7226.
Bradley County was organized in 1836. The Red Clay State Historical Area. In the 1830s Red Clay became the last capital of the Cherokees as they fought removal by appealing to the U.S. president and Congress and bringing suits in the federal courts.
The county is named for Colonel Edward Bradley of Shelby County, a Revolutionary War veteran who also served in the War of 1812.