Photo: Sanders House, 479 Pine Street, Beaumont, TX. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. Photographed by User:Larry D. Moore (own work), 2014, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed October, 2016.
Beaumont City Hall is located at 801 Main Street, Beaumont, TX
Incorporated in 1838, and named for prominent businessman Henry Beaumont's wife (Mary Beaumont) the town's economy derived from farming and cattle raising. In 1901, an oil gusher began spewing 100,000 barrels of oil a day. In the first 3 months of 1901 the town's population grew more than 300% to approximately 30,000. Spindletop Hill became the nation's first major oil field, and the largest in the country's history. [Beaumont Convention and Visitors Bureau, www.beaumontcvb.com, accessed October, 2016]