Mansfield City Hall is located at 1164 Matlock Road, Mansfield, TX 76063.
Andrew "Cap" and Emma Doughty Bratton House circa 1895, 1910. Located at 310 East Broad Street, Mansfield. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2003. Photographed by wikipedia username: Renelibrary, own work, 2017 [public domain], accessed via wikimedia commons, March, 2023.
Mansfield, Texas, [†] historically a small trade center at the crossroads of regional trails and roads in southeast Tarrant County is now a rapidly growing suburban community within the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. In 1998, the incorporated City of Mansfield encompassed about 40 square miles of territory in Tarrant, Ellis and Johnson counties. Within the current corporate limits are areas originally outside of the historic city limits. The historic settlement patterns and economic base of both town and farms are agriculturally based and they directly relate to the small, historic community of Mansfield. From its founding about 1850 until the early 1960s Mansfield served primarily as a marketing, service and transportation center for the farms of southeast Tarrant County. Since the 1960s, Mansfield has experienced increasing growth, a general phenomenon of the booming Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area. New housing developments reflect both the market for commuters to Fort Worth and for employees in new industries locating in Mansfield. With a 1990 population of more than 22,000 people and rapid development of farmland, evidence of Mansfield's 19th and 20th century agriculture-base commercial role is fading from view, but surviving commercial, residential and farmstead resources provide links to the city's heritage.
† Diane E. Williams, Architectural Historian, for the City of Mansfield, Community Development in Mansfield, Texas 1850-1960, multiple property nomination document, National Registr of Historic Places, 2013, Washington, D.C.