Marinette County administrative offices are located at 1926 Hall Avenue, Marinette, WI 54143.
Marinette County, created in 1879 from Oconto County, is named after "Queen" Marinette, a 19th Century trading post owner who was the daughter of a Menominee princess and a French-Canadian trapper. Located in northeast Wisconsin, the county seat is located in the City of Marinette. 
Marinette County, which encompasses an area of approximately 1,430 square miles, or 914,286 acres, is located in the Northeast Wisconsin. Marinette County, as of the 2000 Census, had 43,384 residents.
Marinette County is bordered by Oconto County to the south and west, Florence County and Forest County to the west, Lake Michigan's Green Bay to the east and the Menominee River and the State of Michigan to the north.