Photo: Edward Dodge House, ca. 1848, 126 East Grand Avenue, Port Washington, WI. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1975. Photographed by User:Frekee (own work), 2009, [cc0-by-1.0 (creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed March, 2014.
Port Washington City Hall is located at 100 West Grand Avenue, Port Washington, WI 53074.
Originally named Wisconsin City, then Washington City the county seat name was finally changed to Port Washington in 1844. It was first settled in 1835 by General Wooster Harrison, who laid out a town at the mouth of Sauk Creek. [www.wisconsinhistory.org, accessed May, 2012.]