Clay Town Hall is located at 2278 Main Street, Clay, WV 25043.
This seat of Clay County went through a variety of changes, being first designated by the Virginia Assembly as the Town of Marshall, in honor of Virginia's great Chief Justice, John Marshall. In 1863, when the legislature of the newly-created West Virginia changed the name to Henry (for Henry Clay) and the town had its second name. Throughout this period however, the town was generally referred to as Clay Courthouse and the U.S. Post Office was called Clay. Finally, in 1927, the name was officially changed to Clay, its third and present designation.