Prattville City Hall is located at 101 West Main Street, Prattville, AL 36067.
With buildings dating back to c.1848, Prattville contains some of the few remaining examples of antebellum manufacturing establishments in Alabama. Founded in 1833 by Daniel Pratt, long regarded as Alabama's premier antebellum industrialist, the Daniel Pratt Gin Company (predecessor of Continental Eagle Corporation) became the mainstay of Pratt's industrial village (Prattville) in 1838 when he relocated it from McNeill's Mill to its current location.
At mid-nineteenth century, Prattville contained a textile mill, a woolen mill, a foundry, a sash, door, and blind manufactory, grist mills, and various other mercantile and professional enterprises. General accounts of Pratt's life and business can be found in Merrill E. Pratt, Daniel Pratt: Alabama's First Industrialist (Birmingham: Birmingham Publishing Co., 1949) (reprinted in Cotton History Review 2 [Jan. 1961], 19-29)
The Fountain City 
Prattville is often referred to as "The Fountain City" for the numerous free-flowing artesian wells found here. A 1933 edition of the Prattville Progress noted that there were more than 400 of these artesian wells in Prattville and its immediate vicinity, some of which supplied the town's water system.
Although many of the wells have been capped, or ceased to flow when relocated, quite a few remain, including several public wells in the Daniel Pratt Historic District.