Photo: Benjamin Lathrop House, ca. 1863, 637 Hamilton Street, Redwood City, CA. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973. Photographed by User: Eugene Zelenko (own work), 2010, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed January, 2014.
Redwood City Hall is located at 1017 Middlefield Road, Redwood City, CA 94063.
Redwood City as described in 1939 
Redwood City, seat of San Mateo County, spreads over land some miles eastward from the docks and piers, canneries, and salt works of its deep-water bay frontage. Redwood Slough once extended inland to the mouth of Redwood Creek, now the center of town, where the Mexican rancheros shipped from the Embarcadero de las Pulgas (the town's original name). As shipment of redwood lumber hauled from the forested ridges to the west began in 1850, Embarcadero became a busy shipbuilding, wagon making, and blacksmithing center. Each time that San Francisco burned to the ground, the demand for lumber swelled. The redwood business prompted the renaming of this town in 1858, despite founder S. M. Mezies' attempts to substitute his own name for the more euphonious Embarcadero