Photo: Dr. Van Buren Knott House, ca. 1904, 2323 Nebraska Street, Sioux City, IA. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1999. Photographed by User:Ammodramus (own work), 2012, [cc-by-1.0 (creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed June, 2014.
The Woodbury County Courthouse is located at 620 Douglas Street, Sioux City, IA 51101; phone: 712-279-6525.
Woodbury County was originally named Wahkaw when it was established in 1851. The name was changed in 1853 to honor Levi Woodbury [1789-1851] who served as Governor of New Hampshire, U. S. Senator, Secretary of the Navy, Secretary of the Treasury and Supreme Court Associate Justice.