Photo: Shropshire House, ca. 1814, 355 East Main Street, Georgetown, KY. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 73000845. Photographed by User:Russell and Sydney Poore (own work), 2008, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed August, 2014.
Scott County administrative offices are located at 101 East Main Street, Georgetown, KY 40324; phone: 502-863-7875.
Prior to being abandoned due to Indian attacks around 1777, the area had been settled by John McClelland of Pennsylvania as early as 1774. A permanent settlement was made by Robert Johnson in 1783 at a place called Johnson's Station. The county was established in 1792 from part of Woodford County.