Photo: Newbill-McElhiney House, ca. 1838, 625 South Main Street, St. Charles, MO. The home was built by wealthy mill owner, Franklin Newbill. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972. Photographed by User:Smallbones (own work), 2010, [cc-by-1.0 (creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed April, 2014.
The St. Charles County Courthouse is located at 300 North Second Street, St. Charles, MO 63301; phone: 636-949-3080.
St. Charles County was established in 1821 and named for St. Charles Borromeo, a Roman Catholic Saint who was canonized in 1610.