Holland Township Town Hall is located at 61 Church Road, Milford NJ 08848.
The Little York Historic District (National Register of Historic Places) is located partly within Holland and partly within Alexandria Township.
Holland Township was separated from Alexandria Township in 1874. In 1876 it was remerged with Alexandria Township and separated as a municipality of its own again in 1879.
By the late 1800s, railroad lines allowed farmers to transport products throughout the East. Iron was mined in Holland Township between 1776 and 1890. The population of New Jersey continued to grow, but the introduction of coal in 1850 began to allow the woodlands to recover to some extent. For example, Hunterdon County was only 14% forested in 1899, but had increased to 36% forest cover in 1987 (Robichaud and Anderson, 1994, Plant Communities of New Jersey: A Study in Landscape Diversity). 
Nearby Towns: Alexandria Twp • Bloomsbury Boro • Bridgeton Twp • Durham Twp • Easton City • Frenchtown Boro • Greenwich Twp • Milford Boro • Pohatcong Twp • Riegelsville Boro • Tinicum Twp •