The Brownsville Boro Hall is located at 2nd and High Streets, Brownsville PA 15417.
The borough borders the Monongahela River.
Pop. 3,000 [‡]; alt. 579 ft. Founded in 1785. Next to Pittsburgh the oldest town west of the Alleghenies in southwestern Pennsylvania. One mile north was the Hangard, an English storehouse and fort captured by DeVillier on his way to attack Washington at Fort Necessity. Here was located Fort Burd (1759) and Redstone Old Fort. Of interest:
St. Peter's Roman Catholic Church, a beautiful Gothic edifice recently restored.
‡ The 2000 census put the population of Brownsville Boro at just over 2,800.
Nearby Towns: Allenport Borough •