Millersville Borough Hall is located at 10 Colonial Avenue, Millersville PA 17551.
The youngest borough in the county, was incorporated from Manor Township in 1932. On October 16, I738, Michael Mayer received the patent for 2I7 acres, upon which the borough of Millersville is built. On May 8, 1749, Michael Mayer, Jr., deeded this tract to John Miller, a blacksmith, of Lancaster. He laid out the town plot in 1761 and first called the place Millersburg, then Millerstown, and finally Millersville. A post office was established in 1820. Site of the most interesting historical locality in the county, known as the Indian town, Conestoga, only four miles southwest on the road from LeTort to Safe Harbor. Seat of the first normal school in Pennsylvania, now the Millersville State Teachers College, founded as Lancaster County State Teachers College, Millersville Normal School, December 2, 1859. [today, 2008, it is Millersville University, part of the Pennsylvania State system of higher education. Population in 1940 was 1,867. [Population 2008, approximately 8,000]
Nearby Towns: Conestoga Twp • East Lampeter Twp • East Petersburg Boro • Lancaster City • Lancaster Twp • Manor Twp • Mountville Boro • Pequea Twp •