Colleyville City

Tarrant County, Texas

Home | Whats New | Site Index | Contact

Colleyville City Hall is located at 100 Main Street, Colleyville, Texas 76034
Phone: 817-503-1000.

The Colleyville [†] area was originally settled in the 1850s by people coming to the area for farming and ranching. Six small communities were established in the late 19th and early 20th century: Spring Garden, Bransford, Pleasant Run, Pleasant Glade, Colleyville (1914-1930), and Colleyville (1930-1936).

Colleyville's namesake was Dr. L.H. Colley, a physician who located to the area. He became one of the most well-known physicians in Northeast Tarrant County, and gradually the area became known as "Colleyville."

With the rise of the automobile and growth of industrialization, farming and ranching declined, and the rural communities came together to form the larger Colleyville. The town incorporated on January 10, 1956, primarily as a way to prevent annexation into one or more of the neighboring cities.

The earliest reported population for Colleyville was 25 in 1936, when the town had two businesses. By 1945 its population had increased to 40 and by 1958 a population of 100 was recorded. By 1960 the city had 1,491 residents.

Connections to Colleyville's past are marked throughout the community. The Webb House is one of a few of the original structures that remain, and road names such as Bransford Road, Glade Road, and Cheek-Sparger Road give tribute to the original communities and residents that preceded the Colleyville of today.

Destination Colleyville, Comprehensive Plan, 2017, www.colleyville,com, accessed November, 2021.

Neighborhoods

Nearby Towns: Bedford City • Euless City • Grapevine City • Keller City • Southlake City •


Home | Whats New | Site Index | Contact
Privacy | Disclaimer

Copyright © 1997-2024, The Gombach Group